Why Choose Bamboo Flooring over Hardwoods?
The pros for deciding to choose bamboo over hardwood definitely outweigh the cons.
The top 10 are:
- Bamboo is considerably harder and more durable than traditional hardwoods. Compressed bamboo is one of the hardest flooring timbers in the world today.
- Hardwoods take decades to grow whereas bamboo used for flooring only takes 5- 7 years to reach maturity for manufacturing.
- Cost can be exceptionally less than hardwood floors.
- Sustainable in its cultivation, bamboo demands less area for growth than hardwood.
- Non allergenic, great for those with allergies.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Pre-finished and easy to install.
- Ranges in colours, grain appearance and installation applications.
- Renewable resource, once cut regenerates itself and restarts the growth process all over again.
- More bamboo can be grown in higher volume in the same area as hardwood, therefore, absorbing more CO2.