How to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home by installing bamboo kitchen cabinets.
Using Bamboo cabinets in your kitchen is an environmentally friendly way of having an organic natural material in your home. Not only do Bamboo cabinets offer the benefits and look of a hardwood material, but they also make a durable and strong choice at a competitive price.
Bamboo cabinets are offered in a variety of designs, styles and tones. Bamboo cabinets give a modern and exotic feel to your kitchen, which can’t be matched by ordinary kitchen cabinets made of plastic, metal and wood. Nowadays, Bamboo cabinets are gaining popularity in many western countries, particularly Australia, because of the countless advantages it has to offer to the environment as well as the individual.
Advantages of installing Bamboo kitchen cabinetry at your home
Bamboo is considered the fastest growing plant on the planet. Bamboo grows in just 3-5 years, in comparison traditional hardwood may take decades to hit maturity. Moreover, bamboo is known for its renewability due to its extensive root system.
Installing Bamboo kitchen cabinetry in your home doesn’t create health hazards because bamboo cabinets don’t make use of formaldehyde adhesives, during manufacturing. As a result, there is no exhumation of toxic chemicals in the atmosphere.
Bamboo is a highly durable material that even outsmarts the hardness of Jarrah, Oak and Walnut. Bamboo is quite resistant to the daily changes in the temperature and humidity levels. All these attributes make bamboo cabinets a perfect choice to install in your kitchen. As compared to cabinets made of other traditional hardwoods, bamboo cabinets will not shrink, crack, split or warp with any changes in the weather. Furthermore, the drawers and doors of the bamboo kitchen cabinets will not degrade overtime due to the strength and dimensional stability of the bamboo material.
Bamboo cabinets are equally effective in indoor as well as outdoor kitchens. As they are light in weight, you can easily move them on your own. They are easy to install and easy to maintain. All you need to do is to clean them with a soft, dry cloth or wash them regularly with some light detergent solution. Make sure that you don’t use harsh detergents. Wash bamboo cabinets with the chemicals especially designed to clean hardwoods.
Bamboo kitchen cabinets are aesthetically appealing and make a perfect match for high-tech kitchen appliances. Conversely bamboo cabinets also work with classic kitchen appliances.
If you already have Bamboo flooring, then bamboo kitchen cabinets are an ideal choice for kitchen cabinetry.
Choosing Bamboo Kitchen Cabinets
When selecting bamboo kitchen cabinets, make sure that you look for the following factors:
- Firstly you should look at your budget, buy one that meets your needs. Bamboo cabinets are pocket-friendly can be a less expensive option. Kitchen cabinets made of other hardwood materials such as birch, pine, cherry, maple and oak tend to be more expensive.
- Before buying bamboo kitchen cabinets, make sure that you look for the best quality material. Different grades of bamboo are available on the market with differing price points. For example, grade A is of a superior quality and is more expensive. Make your selection after you have made an inquiry with the cabinet maker about type, grade and age of the bamboo material.
- It is also important that you ask the manufacturer about the adhesives used in your selected kitchen cabinets. Make sure that you buy one that uses low or no formaldehyde. Pay special attention to the finishing and colour of the bamboo cabinets. The colour of bamboo depends on the location, where the bamboo has grown, and also the variety of the bamboo.
- Bamboo cabinets can add a feeling of warmth and an organic glow to your kitchen. They are breathtakingly beautiful products that are manufactured in keeping with the betterment of the environment, the individual’s needs, and exacting standards in appearance and finish.
- Make sure that you browse through the web to learn more about bamboo kitchen cabinets and to find the style that meet your needs.